The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Tuesday 13 March 2007

Colour Co-ordination

I am not a follower of fashion. Neither would I class myself as a frump, but I’m far too tight to buy clothes that are going to be dated within three months, so I’m quite happy with my casual wardrobe of jeans and not-going-to-go-out-of-fashion tops, which I wear until they fall apart.

Perhaps it’s because I don’t often peruse high street clothes shops that I don’t think ahead on the co-ordination front.

A few years ago, I bought a Buff, which still gets a huge amount of use. It’s red.

Last year, I bought a Powerstretch top, which I love. I bought that in purple. You may spot that there was a bit of a clashing issue at that point between the powerstretch top and the Buff (in fact, there’s a bit of an issue that the purple top is made by Lowe Alpine and thus has an orange logo; there should be laws against clothes that clash with themselves).

Then, for Christmas I requested a pair of Buffalo Mitts (which really are made of magic and I can’t compliment them enough). Surveying the colour options, I selected for the purple (but a slightly different hue to my top).

Last week I ordered my Paramo Velez smock. Needing an XS size, I had a choice of only two colours: black or ‘amber’. As most of my current outdoors clothes are black or navy blue, and as Husband keeps extolling the safety virtues of clothing that stands out on a mountainside, I was persuaded to buy the ‘amber’ (for those not familiar with the Paramo colour scheme, ‘amber’ means bright orange).

So, yesterday I went for a walk wearing an orange jacket, a red Buff on my head and a pair of purple gloves.

What a fashion leader I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment