The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Thursday 14 June 2007

LEJOG Planning - I'm Going the Wrong Way!

As part of my continued LEJOG route planning, I've just plotted the section on the Pennine Way between Langdon Beck and Dufton.

It just doesn't seem right in a walk that is inherently south to north in nature, to be plotting part of the path that heads generally in a south-westerly direction, with the day ending furher south than it started.

But, it does take in High Cup Nick on the way, so hopefully that will make the seeming detour worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment