The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Friday 25 April 2008

Day 11 - Lunchtime

Messers Tolhurst, Hartley and Sloman, to name but a few, would be pleased to be where I am right now.

I'm sitting at the bar in the Tom Cobley in Spreyton, where a startling selection of 19 ales is on offer.

For the first time in our walk we've found a really nice pub, where all of the people seem normal.

I have a pint of Bays Best in my hand and a sandwich on its way. The chap we've been chatting to is a Wolves fan.

Outside of the door is a very quaint village full of thatched cottages.

Add to that the factor of a splendid morning of walking, and I think that most would agree that it's a fine way to spend a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment