The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Three Days

In the last three days I’ve walked 27.5 miles (Sunday 10.5, Monday 9.5, today 7.5).

Okay, so that’s not headline news really is it? I’ve walked that in a day before, but some of these 27 miles were tough. There was wading through peat bog, being stopped in my tracks by strong winds and being battered by hailstones (but, needless to say, I had a good time regardless).

In the process, I have exceeded last month’s cumulative ascent, got a third of the way towards equalling last year’s number of summits and achieved the first camping trip of the year.

And now I’m very tired indeed, so for now I shall wander off to my bed. Tomorrow, I shall try to combine a few coherent words with some of the photos.

2 comments:

  1. "wading through peat bog, being stopped in my tracks by strong winds and being battered by hailstones"- you must have had all of these on Kinder on Monday!

    S

    http://peakwreckhunters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Thankfully, given the wind, the hail wasn't as bad as we'd had on Pen-y-Ghent on Sunday and I didn't do as much bog wading on Monday as I did when I ventured into the depths of the plateau on Tuesday.

    I'm already looking forward to a return visit!

    ReplyDelete