The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 5 September 2010

Marathon Update

Mick was last seen at 1300, at 22.5 miles, looking pretty fresh (and a whole lot fresher than many of those passing at that point), but reporting that "it's hurting now".


Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mick - well done.

    Would you do another one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Conrad, it was enjoyable (sort of) and I'm already planning my recovery schedule so that I can do another Marathon. Indeed, have just come back from my first post-event run, which went very well.

    I've got a 10-mile race planned for Oct to train for.

    ReplyDelete