The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 15 May 2016

A Rest Day

I blame the weather! The last ten days have been so incredibly fine that I didn’t want to waste a single one of them, hence in that period I have visited the top of 22 hills, totalling over 28000’ of ascent.

The tendon behind my left knee has been protesting for days (yesterday was made possible by the power of ibuprofen) and today I have a nasty pull in my right tricep and two aching calf muscles.

There’s one last Corbett that’s calling my name before I leave this area, and I’m having a rest day in a couple of days anyway, so one part of my brain has been telling me to go and do it. For once, however, I’m going to try to do the sensible thing, to listen to my body’s protestations and have a day off.

Of course, I still have to go for some sort of a walk, because my Fitbit doesn’t allow me to have a day off (and my unbroken chain of achieving my step target currently stands at just over 500 days), but that doesn’t have to involve a hill. A gentle lochside stroll will do nicely.

20160514_122502

Panorama shot of The Saddle, taken from the lower (NW) top of Sgurr na Sgine yesterday, shoved in here just to pretty-up the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment