The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 19 September 2016

Mynydd Carningli (SN062372; 347m)

image
Mynydd Carningli is a good looking little hill, with a series of rock tors atop it. It's also a very easy hill when approached from the parking area on Carningli Common, to the east, sporting a nice wide grassy track up the first section and a path the whole way.

Seeing how nice it looked, Mick opted to join me and thus was available for photographer duties as I admired the views from the top, including the section of coast I'd walked this morning and at the section that I'll be walking tomorrow.

Frustratingly (for him, at least) he's still nursing the calf injury he incurred when out running 3 weeks ago, so I scurried off ahead of him as he made his way cautiously down. I passed him as I made my way back up, having arrived back at Colin to find that my phone was missing. Two ascents of a hill weren't really what I'd had in mind for this afternoon, after a reasonably hard morning on the coast!

Fortunately, I only had to reascend half way (but I did it at quite a pace!), where I found the phone sitting exactly where I hoped it would be. That was a relief!

4 comments:

  1. You can guarantee, the day I do this it will be the biggest hill *ever*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chances of finding me near Everest are somewhere between 'none' and 'zero'!

      Delete
  2. Phew! I've caught up. You do get about. Some happy memories from the few of those fine hills that I've been up.
    Have a great time in Wales...

    ReplyDelete