The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 29 July 2007

Today's Random Thought: Talking of North Yorkshire...

I have been to North Yorks before. I’ve certainly driven through quite a number of times, but only on major routes rather than on little roads through interesting places. It’s not a place that’s ever really grabbed my attention.

Yesterday it became obvious that I’ve just not been to the right places before.

The trip to Settle and back (entirely different routes taken) was a bit of an eye-opener.

The bits of Yorkshire that I’d been exposed to before didn’t cause me to want to go and spent time exploring. Now I’ve added another area onto my list of places that we need to go and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment