The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 6 October 2008

UPS - A Second Rant(ette)

After last week's UPS debacle, I arranged for my parcel to be delivered on Tuesday this week.

Today is Monday. I've double checked and it is most definitely Monday.

Before I spend another gallon of fuel going home to wait in for a parcel, I thought that I would just check the online tracking today to make sure that there are no more spurious messages saying that I would go and collect it.

No one had attributed any such false instructions to me this time, but I was somewhat taken aback to see that the parcel is 'out for delivery' today.

I telephoned UPS in the hope that maybe 'out for delivery' meant something other than that they were going to try to deliver today.

Alas, no. Apparently when I said on Friday afternoon 'The next day I can be in for delivery is Tuesday' and they said 'It's been rearranged for Tuesday' the computer then somehow interpreted that as being Monday.

More arrangements have been made. The sixth attempt to deliver will be tomorrow. Allegedly.

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one who has had this problem with UBS - they have driven me mad over the last year. A conversation with one of their drivers was her illuminating. I'll put something about this on my blog.

    What I do now is this. On day one I ring them and ask then to hold a package until I know I have a definate time that I can be at home. They recently held on to something for two weeks for me. Wouldn't have helped you though!

    ReplyDelete