The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 29 December 2008

The Year in Numbers

 

Number of miles walked:

1,800

(and that’s not rounded; my log shows 1800.2 miles)

Number of feet ascended:

246,000

(that is rounded and is only approximate)

Number of photographs resulting:

1111

(oooh, that looks like a made up number too; it’s not)

Number of summits visited:

a paltry

9

Number of nights spent in a tent:

85

13 in Wendy, 70 in Vera, 2 in Midi Tent

Number of words blogged via the tiny Pocketmail keyboard whilst walking LEJOG:

56,509

Number of words contained in my book of the year’s walks:

130,337

which equates to 219 A4 pages

Number of walks that I just realised I omitted from the compilation:

1

(doh!)

 

PC290014_edited

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive!
    You may not match the distance and days in 2009, but I think you might encounter a few summits to boost the comparative stats!
    Have a great year.
    Martin and Sue

    ReplyDelete