The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Thursday 13 January 2011

Yikes! Gulp!

I’ve just booked our train tickets to get us down to Lowestoft in March for the start of our Big Walk. Booked a bargain Travelodge room for the first two nights too.

A rail replacement bus service (or ‘bustitution’) on the day we wanted to travel has caused us to bring our start date forward by a day. We’ll now be leaving Lowestoft on Sunday 20 March.

That doesn’t seem a very long way away.

3 comments:

  1. Will you be publicising your route plan? I'd love to come up and join you for a day if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - I'll be publicising the route, and happy to email the detailed itinerary to you too. It'd be great if you could come and join us for a day.

    Martin - obviously you aren't going to get away without receiving a copy of the full itinerary either!

    ReplyDelete