The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Thursday 24 March 2011

Day 5 - Holding Post

24 March (0710-1615)
Distance: 22.25 miles (Tot: 88.5)
Weather: wall-to-wall sunshine. V warm

Just a short holding post. It was a long day, but an excellent one (even if my body did protest for the last few miles).

Today's full report is delayed as Sally in Norfolk very kindly invited us around for dinner tonight, so I've been far too busy chatting to write my blog.

A big thank you to Sally for cooking one of my top favourite dinners (not to mention the scrummiest muffins) and to both Sally & Geoff for the excellent company.

The full post (featuring castles, priories and a very long snake) will follow tomorrow.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you again and we enjoyed the evening very much.

    Was very happy to give you dinner completely enjoying all the chat :-)

    I will try to enjoy work tomorrow while you are enjoying your walk :-)

    will cont to follow blog with interest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit I thought Holding Post was the name of a quaint little village you'd passed through.

    ReplyDelete