The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 4 June 2007

Phew! Hot Water Again.

Not outdoors related, but:

Today I gave Husband the task of visiting a local electrical merchant in his lunchbreak. Upon asking for the specific type of 2A fuse he says that the rather vacant assistant got a case of fuses out, looked through it and said 'haven't got any 2A ... I've got 1.25A'.

It's a bit like asking for a size 5 walking boot, the assitant going away to look before coming back and enthusiastically saying 'We've not got a 5; we've got a 3 or a 7'. What do they expect you to do? Say 'Okay, I'll just lop off my toes and try the 3'?

Husband resisted his urge of saying he'd take two of the 1.25A to join them together, reported back to me and I ordered a pack of ten online (I must be desperate - £2.80 for a pack of 10 fuses, and £5 P&P!!).

In the meantime, Husband managed to liberate a couple of fuses of the right type from the shop floor at work - so we do have hot water whilst waiting for our own to arrive (whereupon I will of course replace the liberated ones).

On the outdoorsy front, I'm just about to return to my Anquet maps to find out where we're going from Grindley Brook. I've almost concluded that we're taking the South Cheshire Way, so now all I have to do is follow it and see what route it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment