The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Thursday 20 September 2007

The Tent - She Is On Her Way...

I was today talking to my boss, who is based in the USA.

With excellent timing, whilst I was talking to him, someone went and put a parcel on his desk. That parcel was from Stephenson's Warmlite.

Yep, just four weeks after ordering, the tent has been delivered.

He's over here the week after next, so not long to wait for it.

I will try to resist making the first detailed inspection of it in the office - particularly as I won't be employed there by then!

2 comments:

  1. I note that your Warmlite is a 'she' :-)

    Have you a name for her yet? (Or is that just too sad?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving a name to outdoor gear ... now that would be just silly!

    Except for Marjorie Worm. She was a lovely fushia pink sleeping bag that after 15 years service, hit the bin last year.

    And Sheila the home-made keep-the-car-camping-thermarests-together-and-stop-the-sleeping-bags-slipping-off piece of equipment.

    In private, we may already be referring to our Warmlite as Wendy - but I wouldn't like to admit to that in case it sounds like we stole a name too similar to yours!

    (oh, and of course tents are female!)

    ReplyDelete