The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 18 November 2007

Snow and Stuff

As I drove home tonight, the BBC weather on the wireless was telling me that there was the chance of sleet on high ground.

That forecast seemed a bit incongruous as it was followed by the travel news which featured many mentions of drifting snow. It also didn't tally with the snow that I had witnessed (in Wolverhampton) during the day.

I'm now sitting at home and that 'sleet' is looking distinctly snow-like and it has started to settle.

The lawn is now white.
-----------------------------

Husband is just back from his weekend in the Lakes, introducing his 12 year old nephew to the joys of camping and walking.

I think that we can say that the weekend was a thorough success. Nephew was in no way put off by the torrential rain, winds, low temperatures and snow.

He's already asking about the next trip and saying that he wants to go backpacking.

His mother did raise a bit of an eyebrow in Husband's direction when, upon arriving home and enthusing about the weekend, nephew uttered the words 'I think I need some gear'!

Oooops! A gear-freak in the making?

Bit Cloudy Up Here!
It's a bit cloudy up here, says nephew

Oooh - A Break in the Cloud.
A fortuitous break in the cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment