The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Friday 15 February 2008

A Quick Taster

Our trip into the hills this week was a very short one: we were out for just 24 hours. However, it was a truly fantastic outing, for which award the stunning weather had to help.

More about it later, but for now here are a couple of photos:


Snowdon behind one of Llynnau Cerrig y Myllt

Looking at Snowdon beyond one of the perfectly still Llynnau Cerrig y Myllt, with a nice bit of low lying cloud to complete the picture

Is There A Ghostly Backpacker?

Looking at the full-size version of this blurred one I immediately spotted what appears to be a ghostly backpacker just left of centre (see it?). Husband came up with the perfectly logical explanation for the image, but I still think that it's a bit spooky.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gayle,Try to resist that PHD Bag.I know exactly how you feel as I own 4 Down bags plus 1 Primaloft bag and yes even with all of these I was sorely tempted by the PHD Bag.Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete