The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Saturday 28 February 2009

Start As You Mean To Go On…

…Go On As You Started

I did indeed start as I meant to go on.

Even after the point of boredom with the local paths over fields, I persisted.

The mud did put me off a bit, but not so much as the horses chasing me.

Then somehow I ceased to go on as I had started.

So, although the stats for January looked better than they’ve ever looked, February has lagged woefully behind:

image At a glance, the ascent graph looks a little better:

image Then you look at the scale and realise that in January I achieved, over the course of 102 miles, almost no ascent, and in February I achieved a tiny bit more than almost-none.

Hey ho. I have a couple of very vague plans up my sleeve that may just make the graphs look a bit prettier in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment