The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 5 March 2012

February

I think the less said about February the better! I’ve already walked further in March than I did in the whole of February.

This is the sorry-looking comparison to previous years:

image

Not quite as bad as 2006, but something of a contrast to last year.

My excuses? Well, I worked full time hours and was poorly on two weekends and decidedly under-the-weather on a third – and there’s not many more weekends than that in February!

The other notable thing that happened in February is that this blog hit its fifth anniversary, during which time I’ve wittered on for tens of thousands of words across 1007 posts. I might have mentioned that fact on the appropriate day, except I got my dates mixed up and missed the anniversary itself. I know that it’s been awfully quiet on here lately (1 post in the whole of February!), but this year’s post tally will start picking up in a month’s time, for it is now just a month and a day until we head out onto the Pennine Way Smile

2 comments:

  1. Brill. New graph. Makes up for a crap Feb!o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary - you deserved a rest for a few weeks. Sounds like you are slowly cranking into gear for the year ahead. Pity about your early exit from Montrose in May...

    ReplyDelete