The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Saturday 3 May 2014

Whoop, whoop!

At approximately twenty past nine this morning, whilst walking the Wales Coast Path around Bangor (which, in the main, isn’t on the coast and is significantly lacking in interest value), I hit my mileage target for 2014 (1100 miles).

So, I can now withdraw from the TGO Challenge and sit in my chair and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the year …

… or I can set a new target of 1825 miles.

I think I’ll do the latter.

The early achievement of my target was helped significantly by a record-breaking April, during which I walked 523 miles (which is only 143 miles fewer than I walked in the whole of 2013). April is obviously my month for walking, as the previous record month was set in April 2008. Here’s how the Aprils compare to each other:

image

Thanks to April’s miles, my daily average isn’t looking too shoddy either. For the year to the end of April it stood at 8.85 miles:

image

The red dotted line is now irrelevant, as that was related to my 1100 mile target. The pink line is now the important one.

2 comments:

  1. I made a comment yesterday, but my mobile ate it and I can't now remember what I said. It was probably congratulations. Seems appropriate!
    And I'm glad I haven't set myself a target this year. I won't be breaking any records, except for least maybe!
    See you soon, have an excellent crossing.

    ReplyDelete