The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Day 10 Lunchtime

We're sitting in the Navigation Inn at Thrupp Wharf, with 6 miles left to walk today and after a cup of tea and a bowl of soup I can now feel my hands for the first time since we set out this morning.

The roaring fire is making us reluctant to step back outside, but I'm braced to lose my fingers again for the last couple of hours of the day.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

  1. Ah.... the old Navigation Inn at Thrupp Wharf!.

    Nope. Never been there but sounds splendid: Beer, roaring fire, soup.... Hang on! Did you say "cup of tea"?

    You'll never get your fingers back like that.

    Word = "pshwori" : Quite right too! ....

    ReplyDelete