With just two and a half weeks to go until the off, we are woefully ill prepared. That we are both still working (contrary to all original plans) has not helped. We will of course be ready on time, although it will likely all get a bit frantic any day now.
More progress has been made today. Since I got home from work:
- six servings of meat pasta sauce have been cooked and are currently in the dehydrator;
- six servings of veggie pasta sauce have been cooked, of which four are in the dehydrator (ran out of dehydrator space at that point)
- eight tons of washing up has been washed (that’s the problem with doing two batches of food at once)
- One batch of brownies has been cooked (nothing to do with walk preparation, but I felt like I deserved something chocolaty after all the monster cook-fest mentioned above)
- Maps have been printed as far as Barnard Castle.
Tonight, more work on the maps.
Tomorrow I will try to work out what kit we need to buy (off the top of my head: at the moment I have no trousers, and I think that we only have one pair of new socks between us), and maybe I’ll finally get around to cataloguing what we’ve already dehydrated so that I can get a feel for how much is left to be done.