The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Tuesday 1 March 2011

The Gratuitous Graphs of February

Another month has passed, which must be my prompt to produce some more gratuitous graphs.

Bearing in mind that February is three days shorter than January, I’m quite pleased with the mileage for the month; moreover considering the other things that have been demanding so much of my time lately:

image

Compared to the same month in previous years the bar chart looks quite pleasing too. As with January, I think that I may have peaked!

image

Alas, most of February has seen me walking locally (and sometimes in some particularly dodgy areas), which means that ascent hasn’t been a big feature:

image

I did manage to rise above the target 5 miles per month for a few days of the month too:

image

Given our walking plans over the next two month-ends, you may be relieved to hear that this blog should now be a graph-free zone* until the end of May!

(*In terms of mileage and ascent statistics. I can’t guarantee not to slip the occasional other sort of graph in. I am an obsessive, after all…)

2 comments:

  1. Looking at your previous years, I don't actually feel too far off the mark with my own achievements this year, although my ascent is a little lacking by comparison. This year for you is obviously exceptional. Maybe mine'll pick up in a couple of months!
    Looking forward to your next expedition and your reports, it's quite fun following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To achieve that mileage in February I had to resort to walking part of the way to work (varying from walking 14.5 miles of the way, to just 3 miles of the way). They've got quite used to me arriving dressed in Paramo, with mud up to my knees and with a glowing red nose!

    Y'know, I'm quite looking forward to the next expedition too! Hopefully I'll be able to muster up some vaguely coherent words each day to convey the journey.

    ReplyDelete