The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 1 May 2011

Brrrrr!

My goodness, that was a cold night!

After frosty nights for the first couple of weeks of this walk we've been spoilt by having positive temperatures at night too.

So, it was a bit of surprise, when I got up at 0230 to use the en-suite, to find that the tent was all icy.

We've now woken to an extensive hard frost. But, the worst bit of the day is over for me (I've bared my flesh and am now dressed; Mick's still snuggled, dreading the same process) and the kettle is on. I think it's going to be a fine day.

(I would attach a photo of the frosty tent, but there's no way I'm going to get my fingers and toes cold by venturing out sooner than necessary.)
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful I do hope Mick enjoys his breakfast in bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get on with it, Girl!

    Keeps the midges away. Healthy. Bloggers of today?.... In my day..... Exit, stage left, to fade...

    Word = "persoted"

    ReplyDelete