The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Day 11 - stop press!

Just a quick update (can't be doing with much typing from Mick's phone) with the hot news of the day:

We walked an entire day today, from Tarfside to North Water Bridge, without needing our waterproofs! That's the first time in all 11 days of this walk! What a contrast to yesterday, in particular.

Still windy, mind.

As for my phone, once it has dried out completely I will see whether I killed it completely when I failed to seal its ziplock bag...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mick/Gayle,

    I have just read through your account of the TGO Challenge sections for 2011. It looks a lot like I have chosen a pretty much carbon copy of your route for my 2012 crossing (should I get in).

    I wondered if I could pick your brains a bit over the route? Would you mind?

    If its ok, let me know how best to contact you. I'm always a bit nervous of posting email addresses on comments and forums.

    Anyway, I hope you can help. Regards,

    Carl Mynott
    @locomountaineer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carl,

    Sorry for seemingly ignoring your comment for a few days. Comments on posts over 2 weeks old are subject to moderation, but I don't get notification that they're waiting, hence they can languish a while until I next log in to Blogger. I only logged into Blogger today because Mick pointed out a typo in my most recent post.

    Anyways, you're welcome to ask any questions you like on our TGOC route from this year and if I can answer then I will. You can email me at thegateposts at gmail dot com.

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete