The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 14 August 2011

East to West In Photos

I’ve been looking through the photos from this year’s Lowestoft to Ardnamurchan walk and in reliving the journey have also been contemplating the fact that it was a walk that I rather enjoyed. The weather helped, of course, as did the facts that so much of the walk was off-road and passed by many interesting sights, but the big attraction for me was that we walked through so many places that I’d not visited before.

Given the lack of any interesting walking going on around here at the moment (my target of 1825 miles for the year is looking in peril!), I thought that I would post some of the photos taken during this year’s Big Walk, together with some notes as to the significance of the photos that I post.

Who knows how far I’ll get in these postings, but a bit like the walk itself, if I don’t start the exercise then it’s guaranteed that I won’t finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment