The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 12 March 2007

A New Toy!

I ordered a Steripen from a shop in the USA just over a week ago. On Friday I got home to find a Royal Mail card on the doorstep. Knowing that the item was waiting at the Sorting Office for me made me want to get my hands on it immediately (irrespective of the fact that I won’t be using it for another couple of weeks yet), but as I was away on Friday night, it was going to have to wait until this morning to be collected.

On Saturday night I got home to another Royal Mail card (the Lowe Alpine Mountain Cap that I ordered), giving me double the reason to make myself late for work by swinging by the Sorting Office this morning (and no, leaving the house earlier doesn’t help; the Enquiry Office opens at 7am, which is the time I start work 15 miles away).

I’ve not had the chance to get it out of its box, to touch it and to feel it yet, but I am now the proud owner of the Steripen Adventurer (100g) for the princely sum of £62 (including P&P) – £30 less than I could have bought the heavier version for in the UK and around half the price of the Adventurer in the UK.

I’m very pleased with that. My first foray into buying kit from the USA seems to have been a success (should I say that before I’ve opened the parcel to find out whether it got broken en-route?).

No comments:

Post a Comment