The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Saturday 24 March 2007

No-News Round-Up

There was nothing to report from an outdoorsy point of view last weekend, which was spent at CenterParcs. Despite missing our weekly training walk, plenty of other (unfortunately unaccustomed) exercise was taken.

A flexiball class, line dancing, a pilates class, plus two games of badminton (the first two games I’ve played in 18 years) certainly worked muscles in different ways to usual. It was Thursday before I was free of aches.
--------------
I’m hoping to get a walk in tomorrow – all depending upon how I feel in the morning. I’ve been fighting a cold/ear infection this week; hopefully the battle will be won overnight.

Hopefully Husband, who is sitting working at this late hour of a Saturday night, will have sufficient work done that he is able to join me.

And, if I do get out for a walk, hopefully it will rain. I would really like to test my new Paramo Velez before taking it away for the Cumbria Way next week.
---------------------
Talking of the Cumbria Way, my earlier predictions have materialised. With only two more nights at home, I have tonight stirred myself to get some fruit into the dehydrator. Tomorrow will be a curry. There are maps still to be printed (although I concluded a couple of days ago that where I don’t already have maps, we can easily make do with 1:50k Anquet prints, rather than scanning 1:25k versions, which saves lots of time). We’re fairly organised on the packing front – kit has been sorted out (and all found without the usual multiple ‘have you seen the X?’ searches) and is sitting in two piles ready to be packed.
--------------------

My hunt for a Psion 5 or 5mx continues (I’m not sure whether I’ve already mentioned this subject before?). I’m taking the Psion 3c with me next week, but in the absence of a memory card and a PC link cable I’m not only risking losing all of my notes, but also I’m going to have to type everything up again once I get home – but it will certainly be quicker and easier than a pen and paper in the tent each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment