The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Thursday 4 September 2008

LEJOGging by Todbrook Reservoir

When our computer gets bored of waiting for me to press a key, it starts showing a random slideshow of our photos. I often find myself watching and seeing if I can identify when and where they were taken.

Today a photo displayed itself that had me scurrying around My Pictures to do a compare and contrast. Here's the result. Both taken by me, thirteen months apart:


6 April 2007, Alan Sloman strides past Todbrook Reservoir:


19 May 2008, Mick strides past Todbrook Reservoir:


From M&G Go For A Walk

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Spooky!

    Just like the little house down in the southwest.

    But this time you took them both. The thing is, at the time you took the second, did you remember taking the first?

    Or was it the bucolic 'road ahead' shot? Either way - Good spotting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a bit of both.

    It's not a bad view over the reservoir with the first glimpses of hillyness behind, so I probably would have taken a photo anyway.

    I did recall having taken a photo along that road before - but didn't realise that the two shots would be quite so similar, both showing Osprey Atmos-carrying gents on the road ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete