The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 19 July 2009

Grumpy!

That was not a good night's sleep and exemplifies why I don't stay on campsites on weekends during peak season.

Imagine the volume at which one yells when two feet away from a pneumatic drill and then apply that to a dozen people in a huge tent between 11pm and 3.15am. Add in to the mix much squealing and screaming, then a bit more squealing and squealing and it was not a fun night.

The good news is that my Neo-Air is every bit as inflated now as it was when I crawled into my sleeping bag last night. Hopefully that's a good indication that I have a good one.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

6 comments:

  1. Ditto. I always pray for evening rain when I stay at an organised camp site. Even when there are acres of space loud people come and pitch next to me. Earplugs can only cope with so much. I've even moved my tent to the other side of a camp site before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try 'Black Sheep' - It's a wonderful sleeping aid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good party. You should have gatecrashed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin: there were many prayers for rain (more to drown out the noise than in any hope that it would shut them up). The rain came about ten minutes after they finally calmed down.

    Alan: Black Sheep was involved. I assume that a higher dose is required for it to act as an effective sleeping aid.

    Geoff: Good party to the people involved, perhaps, but it didn't sound like my cup of tea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I am becoming a grumpy old woman aren't I?

    Need to get out more (but perhaps not to campsites on weekends in peak season).

    ReplyDelete