The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 5 June 2016

In The Last Month

We set out for Scotland on 5 May and walked our first hill late that afternoon. Exactly 31 days later, at noon today, my tally for the month (which also included 7 days at TGO Challenge Control and a quick visit home) stands at 50 hills.

The incredible statistic is that of those, I've only had rain on three and only had cloudy summits on two.

Apparently the weather will continue to hold for the rest of this week so I will try to make the most of it.

(Ha! As I type it's just started raining (not entirely unexpected - clouds have been building all afternoon - but as I'm not on a hill, it doesn't affect the stats.)

No comments:

Post a Comment