The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Friday 24 July 2015

Chemin de la Mature

Remeber the other day I mentioned the Chemin de la Mature, a trackway carved into an almost vertical cliff in 1772? Here's the photo. It wasn't at all vertigo inducing, thanks to being a reasonable width (unlike the ledge route we took 2 days ago, but there was no way I was going to get my phone out to take a snap on that!).

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing! How long is that particular path?

    Margaret Oliver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just over a kilometre although it seemed longer, probably because we stopped to gawp so many times!

      Delete