The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 20 July 2015

Occasional Pyrenean Tractors (2)

Not a great photo - it was taken from as near as I could get. It was their back-to-back position that made them jump out at me (figuratively!) as we passed.

6 comments:

  1. Nice find Gayle. The one on the left is a Lamborghini R603DT-B built between 1973 and 82. 56HP. from a 3 cylinder diesel engine. In good nik too.
    The one on the right is a gem too. An old 1956 Renault D22-R7051. The farmer looks after his kit.
    Its just like train spotting really but with more options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm absolutely astounded that you could discern that from a photo that poor! I take my hat off to you.

      Delete
  2. I think Alan is making all this up!
    I think the one on the left is a Triumph Mayflower (and you don't see many of those about these days!). The right hand job is plainly made from a kit; Don't, whatever you do, buy it. It will end in tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic stuff, that really made us chuckle (even if the one on the left very clearly said 'Lamborghini' on it...)

      Delete
  3. Yes, the Triumph Mayflower. Now your talking. Wish i could spot one of those or indeed had one in my garage.

    ReplyDelete