The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 12 May 2008

Skinniness - or not?

Today marks the end of our fourth week of walking.

As I've mentioned before, being ever conscious of my ability to lose weight at the drop of a hat, I've been eating for Britain during those four weeks. Mick's been doing a pretty good job on the food front too.

Today was also the first time that I've had the opportunity to weigh myself since we started. I have lost no weight - a fact about which I'm very pleased indeed.

Husband's not been doing quite so well. Despite the dedication to cakes and lard, he's managed to lose 6lbs. The man-breasts (which were only ever in evidence when he donned a pack) have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment