The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 13 April 2008

The Final Piece of LEJOG Kit

I got my hands on my final piece of LEJOG kit today. It is my very own LT5 Tilley Hat.

Husband’s had his for a couple of years now and whilst I’ve been getting burnt ears and suffering from my baseball cap being blown off in the wind, his fair skin has been well protected and his chin-strap has stood up to hat-stealing gusts. He’s even smug about the rain protection that it offers (potential to use glasses more than contact lenses, I ask myself?).

Even with the ‘his and hers matching’ issue, I’ve been lusting after my own Tilley for a while. It was the shearing of the hair that was the deciding factor; my neck was demanding protection. Tilley Endurables even helped me along with the purchase when they kindly gave me a very favourable price.

There are some items of kit that I have to use for quite a while to finally decide whether I like them or not. I just know that this is going to be an item that I’m going to like from the outset.

(Oh, and I did go for a different model and colour from Husband so as to reduce the ‘his & hers-ness’ a little bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment