The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Friday 4 April 2008

Fundraising

A huge thank you to everyone who has so kindly helped us to reach our initial fund-raising target before we even set off. We’re absolutely chuffed to bits with everyone’s generosity.

A special thank you goes to Tessa and Alan. As far as we can make out from the names, we don’t know them and we have no idea how they heard about us, but yesterday afternoon they donated £339.76 - the exact sum which brought us up to our initial target of £2000.

That was so unexpected that it took a fair while after seeing it for me to pick my jaw back up off the floor!

Knowing that there are still more people out there who have said that they will sponsor us, I don’t want to put them off donating to the worthy cause by seeing that we’ve achieved our target. So, we’re raising the bar. The new target is £3,000.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Gayle,

    I'm Alan of "Tessa and Alan" and we both whole-heartedley support your efforts. Tessa's Aunt died from cancer after a long and painfull illness that included removal of a breast. Hence Tessa's support when I emailed the link to her. We live in Fradley and often frequent local hostelries in Barton U N. It would be nice to meet you both but not sure how this can be done safely over the interweb.

    ReplyDelete